Thursday 28 October 2010

Business Identity Compliment Slip

For my compliment slip for Matilda Joslyn Gage I've kept with the Native American theme but taken it a little further. Instead of creating a traditional compliment I've created the concept for a gift of a piece of traditional jewelery that would be given out. This features the wolf emblem I designed. I would like to create this at some point but it might not be a possibility, especially with the teeth. So heres a vector I made of what I would like it to look like.


Overall I think this would be very effective as a compliment slip/gift for the period especially in the context of my subject. I also had the last tutorial for this project today which was a little confusing but I think I know what I'm doing now. The main aspects that came away from it were to create this (done) and to think a little more about stock to use for the paper based pieces. It was agreed that the business card is pretty much there & would look good if it was finished on cow hide/leather or something similar. The letterhead however didn't really fit in with the rest of the work as it was a little too modern and needs to be taken back to the same era. Some of the ideas that arose were: using slate, scratching into the surface in the same layout & possibly presenting this in a wooden box with the wolf engraved onto the front. Or possibly using hide again & then creating some kind of box/container for that to be presented in. Of the two ideas I prefer slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment