Above are the less successful illustrations of wolves that I did for this project. After some experimentation I decided on the howling wolf pictured just above. I felt this had the most impact. I chose to use a brush pen to give it more of an earthy feel & stop it from being too clean cut as the drawing pen versions were. Below are the more successful versions of this wolf, one of which I will be using for the final illustration.
I like all of these, I was just trying out some different weight of lines in different areas along with some different levels of details to see what would work effectively. In terms of the purpose of the illustration: to be printed on to a natural/course material, the less detailed ones are probably more appropriate as they will render much more clearly and effectively. Final decision to come at a later point.