Friday 31 December 2010

December 31st 2010: Always Looking Doomed / The End Is Nigh

The End Is Nigh. I've done it before and I'll more than likely do it again, but I decided to finish off the year with a zombie self portrait. Above = photo, below = zombie.


Good facial expression captured, good eyes, good blood splatter. The end of the year. Wow. 365 drawings in as many days. Alongside all of my uni work and other stuff. It's been absolutely brutal on some days when I just could not find the inspiration/effort/ideas to be going on with. Whilst on other days it's been just awesome. I think 2011 is going to be interesting, I'm going to go for some larger pieces worked across a couple of weeks / a month rather than loads of little quick ones. I feel my skills have come on in leaps and bounds, certainly my knowledge and understanding of different techniques and styles has. I'm getting all nostalgic now. It was definitely a worthwhile challenge to set for myself. Bring on 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment