Thursday 27 January 2011

More D&AD and Launch of Professional Project

I'm still unable to reveal any information about my D&AD project but we're onto a  solid idea now. It's been knocked about and changed, tutorial-ed, changed back again, evolved, crumbled and started over but ideas are sorted, planning is well underway so we're finally at the stage where we can go into production. The illustrations are shaping up to potentially be really interesting pieces.

Professional project also launched today. It's been a day full of information and taking notes on what to do but I've got some pretty clear ideas of what I wanted to be aiming towards already. Essentially: self-promoting book design. These are the types of books that I love to own, read what artists have written about their work and their techniques and learn about them. They generally have the most imagery of any type of book as well which is great for reference. Got to write up a learning agreement first though apparently. 

My hits have gone down since I stopped doing a picture a day which I don't like. I'll have to try and post more drawings/paintings again soon. Should be finishing one in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment