Thursday 11 November 2010

Graphic Systems: The Thunderbolt Kid Complete


Here's the remade baby mounted on yellow as it will be on the book cover. 


I made this for the back of the book to keep the theme consistent.


Here's the final cover design. Overall I'm quite pleased with how this one's turned out. I think the illustrations and the type compliment each other and the colour scheme is working well. I like the layout on both sides and the spine. I spent ages going through typefaces for the blurb and eventually pick Garamond premier pro. I think it's more formal than the illustrations which is good, but isn't too old as to the throw out the balance of the piece. I've used the same font for the quotes underneath but in italic, with the writer of the quote in the same blue as the colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment