Wednesday 30 December 2009

What a terrible day.

I spent all day reading books about semiotics and looking at websites and then biographising them in the correct harvard format and stuff. Basically I spent about 6 and a half to 7 hours working today and now I'm ready to do my essay. Eugh. Essentially I just have about 7 pages of quotes from various books which is probably about half the required length of the essay so at least I won't have to think that much.

I also realised today how much more interesting stuff I have to read. I've got 2 whole copies of Juxtapoz that I haven't had a chance to look at, along with the winter issue of illustration, an issue of territory and other none art related things. Anyway, it just annoyed me that I spent all day reading books that all begin with "the theories of..." rather than interesting bits. I haven't even had time to draw any zombies or splash red ink on some pages. Lame. Well it's new years tommorow. hurrah. I don't know who I write all this stuff for, nobody really reads my blog. I just like to vent. If you have read this. Let me know. Maybe you'd like to strike up a conversation about popular culture, semiotics or gender in the media. Or a complaint about these topics. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment