Tuesday 15 December 2009

Photos for Posters

Herein lies the photos.
Basic idea is to have your clothing with the clothes tags asking for help. The tag lines and logos will be added and all will be well. I wanted to do two posters, one male clothing and one female clothing. Here are some photos.

All in all I think these work quite well, I've tried to make the labels prominent within the imagery to draw attention to them. I like the lighting on the clothing and have tried to exaggerate the folds and such.


The male ones I am unsure about which to go with. The top one is interesting but the label doesn't really stand out enough from the clothing because of the amount of red going on. Whereas the one below it has a good level of contrast between the label and the clothing but the composition is a little weird because of how far over it is, but could be interesting as a poster. I guess I'll decide once I've smashed some logos and tag lines across them.
The female one at the bottom is a bit dodgy because the light was really bad and i had to do loads of cloning to make the writing on the label legible. fail. The one above it I think is quite good though as the label sits in the darker half of the imagery and really stands out from the rest of the piece. The zooming right in on the clothes I think works really well as it takes away the complication of the figure and just leaves the clothing as the focus which I think would work well as an adshel poster.

I might bust out some drawings of some of these or something because to be honest I am so sick of working on computers, it feels like I'm doing absolutely nothing all day when I should be working and it's become depressing. I need to create something hardcopy rather than all of this digital work. Drawing is definitely required.

No comments:

Post a Comment