Monday 7 December 2009

First Sticker Designs

O.k. So for  this War On Want campaign I have to come up with a low budget idea. One of my idea's that I thought I'd run with was stickers. There's other ideas in the works but here's the first designs for my stickers.

Design One.
The Fashion Victims tag is taken from a pre-existing WOW campaign but I think it works quite well to put a point forwards, taking a concept usually associated with consumers and reversing it.
The photo is also taken from the same campaign.
The addition of the question underneath the photo I think aids the image and makes the viewer think more about the concept.





Design Two.
I don't particularly like this one due to the layout design. I don't think it is very effective.
I do however like the tag line I used here. The larger type of SLAVERY really draws in the eye and gives out a very important message to the imagery. The addition of "no matter how you dress it up" also gives it an extra interesting twist which i like.





Design Three.
Using the same tag line as number two I think this one works a lot better, the eye is immediately drawn to the bold type of the important issues.
I also like the layout here, with varying leading and tracking on the type gives it an interesting effect.







Design Four.
This is probably my favorite design of the first set.
Again the same tag line but the slavery even bigger here to really draw the eye, and having the text split around the image I think works really well.
The use of white space between the tag line and the web address I also like. The final piece I added was the use of the question under the web address, again to make the viewer think. I think this one is possibly the most effective as it is simple yet emotive.




Design Five.
I think this one is overly crowded with tag lines and doesn't offer any information to redeem itself.
I don't really like the layout either, again too crowd and generally ineffective.











Design Six.
My fonts gone weird.
Taking a different approach to the stickers. I think this has worked quite well.
Simple, hard facts in really bold type I think leaves the viewer to make up their own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment