Thursday 28 January 2010

New Project: Animation

So a couple of days ago we were given our new brief which is to create an animation lasting between 30 and 90 seconds that puts across a point and has to be based on statistics. We've started flash tutorials and it all jsut came flooding back to me... So I'm basing mine around speeches by Mumia Abu Jamal, made from his cell on death row, about the American justice system.
The main statistic I am looking at is that 23% of the worlds incarcerated are in the US when they only have 5% of the worlds population. I thought that was interesting.
I instantly wanted to try and use various different methods of animation so I've set to work on some illustrated frames and MY GOD this is tedious. I've been drawing the same thing over and over for about 3 hours now and I'm getting close to half way. wonderful.

A bit behind on the uploads for my Daily effort but they have been done and they do include an exploded whale.

No comments:

Post a Comment