Sunday 1 November 2009

Book Binding


So we did a book binding workshop which was highly enjoyable. This is the first book we had to make, I didn't like this very much as it was a bit too simple and made pretty much out of paper and so couldn't really be used in a real world setting.

I used it to write up book binding in. The only thing I did like was the use of coloured stock on the inside to make the pages.

This is the second book we made which I much preferred as it is a hard back book with a spine and so I found it much more realistic. I used a spine section on both sides of the book so that it opens out properly. I also used various stock to make the pages to give it a handmade feel as well as using different sizes of page to make it more interesting and give it strange compositions inside. I also made a textiles spine cover for it to stop the thread getting snagged/broken and to make it look a little better. I may also cover the rest of the covers although I'm not really sure what with.
Overall I'm really pleased with it and I am going to use it as a sketchbook at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment