Thursday 24 February 2011

Professional Project: Illustration One - Rio Carnival


The first illustartion for my professional project is complete.
Book = Spiral
Word = Sway
Wikipedia = Sway DeSafo
End Point = Rio De Janeiro
I'd say my process for generating random subject material seems to be working on that one. This is done almost entirely in marker pens. I bought some Letraset ones. They are amazing. Outlines in fineliner and background in black ink. I think this is a good start to the project and I am pleased with the outcome. It reflects the mood of the carnival in the colours. I tried to input some influence from Brazilian artists work that I looked at, but this mainly just came through in colour as their styles were so far removed from mine that it would have gone totally wrong had I tried to go any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment