Saturday 17 October 2009

So. More Poole Stuff.


So I did a bit of research and that, as needs be.
This is by Mike Renwick. Not really sure i should posting up these images. Might get sued. Oh well.
I just liked the design element of this, i thought the composition was strong and i liked the idea of digital imagery to portray modern buildings. Very strong line and so on.






Another drawing from Poole. Amusement value was the road sign, "Paradise Street," up against this long road of old red brick buildings in a dirty fashion. Lovely. Very different style to Mike Renwick. Loose. Yeah. I think the loose style here is quite interesting as it definitely creates a very child like style and a playful feel to the image, especially with the strong lines and the white of the street sign standing out from the brickwork.


Helen Nehill and Clarion Call.

Pretty Good. I really like the Helen Nehill piece as it is quite similar to my own preferred style. The line work in both i think is very strong and i like the digital colouring on Call's work.








Fredrik Johansson.
Nice Loose Style. Good Colour. Bye.










I decided i wanted to do something quite structural for my final illustration so i went with this. First i looked at this piece here by Brad Blyzwick to steal some ideas of how to do it. Then i drew The Dolphin Shopping Centre.








I decided i wanted to do something quite structural for my final illustration so i went with this. First i looked at this piece here by Brad Blyzwick to steal some ideas of how to do it. Then i drew The Dolphin Shopping Centre.
I like the combination of the strong sharp lines for the building set against the freehand text of the sign behind it, I think the building could be better done as it lacks a certain quality of structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment