Tuesday 7 September 2010

September 7th 2010: The Flight Of Icarus

I have always loved all the Greek mythology. I used to have a tape set, 4 casettes with loads on them read by Tony Robinson. I don't know why I've never thought of drawing them before. Probably because I would of absolutely ruined anything I tried to draw from them but oh well. I'm pretty pleased with this. For me it's pretty in proportion for something I used no reference for at all. Straight outta the ol' brain this one. I just looked at some other pictures of Icarus on google to see how mine measures up. They are ALL falling. Now I know this is pretty much the crucial moment in the tale, but without the flight there would of been no fall. And to me thats the point in the first place. It was probably worth it considering he'd been imprisoned, to have that one moment of pure, unbridled, unadulterated freedom. Way to go out on a high.

No comments:

Post a Comment